Cross-border data flows is one of the most important issues to our members in today’s global economy. The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will become effective in May of 2018. Now is the time for U.S. businesses to understand how the GDPR may affect their businesses, and begin to implement strategies to ensure compliance with the regulation.
Beginning September 19th, the U.S. Commercial Service will be presenting a roadshow designed to help U.S. businesses acclimate to the new and evolving requirements of the GDPR. These events will be held across the country, and the i2Coalition encourages members to attend. We will also be organizing a members-only call to discuss compliance with the GDPR. We will release the specifics of that call to members in email and on our member network the next week.
Helping members understand new regulations is a core part of the i2Coalition mission. Information on the roadshow can be found below.
The Road to Digital Europe
Is Your Business Ready for European Sales in 2018 and Beyond?
Join the U.S. Commercial Service for our Nationwide Road Show to Prepare Your Company For The Impending General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Beginning in May 2018, virtually all U.S. exporters to Europe will need to be compliant with new EU data privacy legislation. Regardless of the company, the sector it operates in, or whether it actually sells anything in Europe, there will be new requirements and stiff fines in case of non-compliance.
What You’ll Gain from Attending This Road Show:
- Find out why the European Union is a key market for U.S. Businesses
Gain in-depth knowledge about GDPR requirements including:
- Accountability & transparency
- Security and privacy by default
- Communication with your customers and business partners
Discover how GDPR can impact your business including:
- What processes and tools should be put in place
- How to start the compliance process
- How to turn GDPR into a business advantage
Learn about the Privacy Shield Program and how to apply:
- New Requirements under Privacy Shield
- Application and Review Process
Hear from Our Experts:
- Isabelle Roccia, Policy Advisor, U.S. Mission to the European Union, Isabelle served on the negotiating team of the “EU-US Privacy Shield” and the U.S. delegation for the U.S.-EU Cyber Dialogue.
- Michelle Sylvester-Jose, Policy Advisor, Data Flows and Privacy Team, International Trade Administration. Michelle is considered an expert on Privacy Shield.
Date / Location:
- Tuesday September 19 / Cleveland, OH**
- Wednesday, September 20 / Washington, DC
- Friday, September 22 / Philadelphia, PA
- Monday, September 25 / St. Louis, MO
- Tuesday, September 26 / Denver, CO
- Wednesday, September 27 / West LA, CA
- Thursday morning, September 28 / North Bay, CA
- Thursday afternoon, September 28 / San Jose, CA (no current event page)
- Friday, September 29 / Seattle, WA (no current event page)
** This event is our Discover Global Markets: Europe and Beyond 2-day program (Isabelle Roccia will be speaking during the Export Trade Craft session of the program. Michelle Sylvester-Jose will not be speaking)