New topics include:
- NTIA Botnet Report
- Outreach to FTC and NTIA on further botnet recommendations
- ICANN KSK key rollover assistance
- M3AAWG Hosting Abuse Desk Committee coordination
- Review of collaborative i2Coalition/M3AAWG best common practices document, and discussion of whether updates should be made
- Best common practices on CMS update processes for providers at scale
“At i2Coalition, we do a lot of good policy work, but a lot of it centers on the idea that we are better off in many cases without government regulation. However, regulations are attempts to solve problems, and we need to be working diligently to solve those problems for us to be able to make those arguments credibly. I’m very pleased with the team we have put together and the efforts we are plugging into that will help us to together keep making the Internet a stronger, safer, and more resilient place.” said i2Coalition Co-Founder and Executive Director Christian Dawson.
“I am very excited for the TOWG to bring together industry professionals and experts in a collaborative environment to advocate for a safer and more independent internet. Our goal is to bring together voices and advocate for best practices utilizing technology to improve the user experience of the internet in a collaborative way,” added Robert Jacobi.
The group’s first meeting will be held on March 22nd, 2018 at 1:00 PM EST / 17:00 GMT.
If you are an i2Coalition member you can sign up for the group through the i2Coalition Member Network portal, available here.