The i2Coalition’s ICANN Committee is a member committee that is part of the Public Policy Working Group. The ICANN Committee decides the i2Coalition’s position on Internet governance issues, as well as coordinating the i2Coalition’s engagement with the multistakeholder communities that manage the root and other global functions of the Internet. This characterized by working most closely with ICANN.
Recent ICANN Committee projects include:
- Engagement in the IANA transition process, facilitating meetings between industry leaders and the NTIA as well as providing extensive public comments on both CWG and CCWG work products.
- Public comments on numerous ICANN-related issues to advance our voice within the multi- stakeholder model, including recent comments on Privacy & Proxy Accreditation.
- Participation in the work of ICC-BASIS, where we provide a voice to the Internet infrastructure community within the greater business community on Internet governance issues.
- Monitoring & participation on important discussions on surveillance reform, CFAA reform, DMCA reform, the IANA transition, and trade issues such as the Trans Pacific Partnership.
- Participation in both the ISPCP and BC ICANN constituencies of ICANN, where we actively participate on behalf of our non-contracted members.
You can read more on Internet governance and our work in that area on our Internet Governance Issue Page found here.
If you are an i2Coalition Member and would like to join the ICANN Committee, you or your company representative can sign into the i2Coalition Member Network and join this or any other working groups. If you are not an i2Coalition member but are interested in joining please get in touch using the form below.