The Diversity & Inclusion Initiative encourage policies and practices that promote under-represented people of all kinds within technology industries. i2Coalition members comprise this working group. They engage industry leaders to broaden the technology workforce and support those already in it. The DII advises and partners with existing, like-minded policy, education, and workplace advocacy groups to achieve these goals.
- Advocate. Be a voice to promote diversity and equity for all in industries supporting Internet technology and operations.
- Network. Promote networking activities to encourage and support diversity and equity for all in technology fields.
- Collaborate. Support the needs of organizations already working to provide educational and other opportunities in an effort to improve diversity and equity for all in technology fields.
What we’re working on…
- Bring together panelists to engage in an open dialogue about how we can all contribute to the improvement of diversity and equity in our space.
- Advise and partner with diversity advocacy groups in the technology space on critical issues and building opportunities.
Watch Our 2021 Briefing on Paid Leave in the US Tech Industry
Recent Diversity & Inclusion Updates
The US approach to leave for parents involves unpaid parental leave, child-related tax breaks, and limited public childcare; whereas other developed countries have taken another path opting to use use paid parental leave and comprehensive investments in infants and children to boost outcomes. There are signs, however, that the US legislation is taking cues from […]
Find out how to replace outdated language that could be found offensive in this guest post from Reg Levy (i2Coalition DII Co-Chair & Head of Compliance at Tucows) and Tim Smith (General Manager, CIPA) There is mounting concern and interest in addressing longstanding and outdated terminology that has historically been used broadly across industries and communities […]
In this guest post, i2Coalition Co-Founder and cPanel General Counsel David Snead and cPanel Documentation Manager Jennifer Doubrava explain how cPanel uses culture, community, and concern as three guideposts for their diversity strategy. Since it was founded in 1997, cPanel has embraced the importance of inclusion and diversity in our business. Inclusion and diversity is […]