This post has been updated for the new 2017 SXSW schedule.
The i2Coalition submitted two panels for review for inclusion at SXSW 2017. As of last week, these panels were accepted. We’re looking forward to discussing these topics with you next year at SXSW. i2Coalition members please send us your plans for SXSW so we can compile these into a comprehensive guide! We hope you’ll join us at SXSW for these exciting talks and to connect over Austin barbecue!
Are you online right now? Maybe you’re on your phone, tablet, or laptop. Maybe you’re even reading messages on your watch! The seamless access to everything on the Internet is akin to the air we breathe. We don’t give it a second thought. Type in a URL and BOOM! You order a product from Nepal. From connecting doctors with patients for better health care to kick-starting the next charitable organization, the Internet can be a tool for tremendous global good. But it can also be a tool for criminal activity. Who keeps a watchful eye over the Internet globally? Is there such a thing as an INTERNET KILL SWITCH? Is the backbone of the Internet safe against attack?
- Christian Dawson, Executive Director, i2Coalition
- Christopher Mondini, Vice President Of Global Business Engagement, ICANN
- Shane Tews, Visiting Fellow, American Enterprise Institute
March 10, 2017 | 11:00AM – 12:00PM
JW Marriott, Salon Ab
There is more data available in the world now than at any time in history. While this data facilitates almost all human interaction, it is also useful to governments and law enforcement entities, particularly in times of crisis. Join this session for a discussion on how our laws balance personal privacy with the necessity of government access to data for our security and how we are updating these laws.
- David Snead, General Counsel, cPanel & Board and Policy Chairman, i2Coalition
- Andrea Glorioso, Delegation Of The European Union To The US
- Rachel Wolbers, Legislative Director, Twin Logic Strategies
- Kevin Yoder, United States Representative, Kansas 3rd District
March 13, 2017 | 11:00AM – 12:00PM
Hilton Austin Downtown, Salon F