Gender Diversity & Equity Initiative participants, i2Coalition members, and industry allies, we are asking for your help to improve diversity at the CloudFest 2018 Hackathon.
CloudFest is the largest hosting event globally, with over 6,000 attendees from all over the world. Last year, we had just one female developer in the hackathon. We need to do better. While the hackathon is open to everyone, we are specifically asking for help from our European members to spread the word, since the event is in Germany. The deadline to apply to is February 9th, 2018. Panel voting will commence the 10th through 16th.
Please share the summary below internally at your company or through social media and public channels.
Dates: March 10-12, 2018
Location: Europapark (Rust, Germany)
Hackathon Website: https://www.cloudfest.com/hackathon/
How It Works: The hackathon applications are open to anyone. You do not need to be from a sponsoring company. Check the “Attendee Profile” to see if your background fits the projects. There is a list of current projects on the hackathon website where you can see if the projects interest you, especially if you are interested in open source projects. Apply online by February 9th. Panel voting will commence the 10th through 16th. Those who are invited to participate will be announced shortly thereafter.
Costs: If selected to participate, the following will be provided…
- Food and beverage during Hackathon
- 2 nights in 4* Europa-Park hotel March 10 – 12 (for consecutive nights participants need to book a room separately)
- Train ticket transportation within Germany; flights are not included
- Attendee Profile
The event is targeted at developers with the following skills:
- Basic understanding of the technical basics in the cloud/hosting industry (common services, network protocols etc.)
- Experience with a version control system (Git, SVN, CVS)
- We also welcome applications from Dev-Ops, Sys-Admins and other specialists with solid knowledge of the cloud/hosting industry for our projects to have a good mix of the teams.